Unanswered: Sybase 10 server, multiple subnets, and too many connections error

I am having a very unusual problem at a clients site. They are running Sybase SQL anywhere server 10 with around 100 users. They have a database server, and 3 terminal servers that connect to the database server running an application.

This process works great, all three can connect just fine. We do not get an error message stating that there are too many connections to the server.

However, I install Sybase on another computer, that is not on the same subnet, and try and connect, and I get an error message: "connection failed: database server connection limit exceeded". This has happened to two different computers on two different subnets. I am using the host=ipaddress parameter, so the failing computers can see the server.

In Sybase Central I get this error: "error code=-102 sql state=08004"

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Last edited by tronester; 12-08-09 at 16:25.

I figured it out. The server was set for the -x tcpip parameter. I went and added {host=IPADDRESS} and that fixed the problem. Perhaps it was an IPv6 conflict or something?