Unanswered: Combobox problem

Hi everybody,

I have a combobox based on a query which is based on a linked table from an Oracle database, the query fetches about 7000 records and sorts them ASC,
    the problem is that when I open the combobox and scrolls through the list I can found the record I am searching for, but when I paste a value in the combobox I get a (not in list) message.

by the way not all the values which I paste I get a (Not In List) message, also when I remove the order by clause from the query the message never shows......
    also if I type in the conmbobox letter by letter , the combo finds the record......
    Note : I have to sort the records in the access query, and I cant order them in oracle and get the records from a view .

I am very confused, plz help me,
    Last edited by l-omari; 12-09-09 at 07:18.

Kerala, India

Combobox Problem

Probably while you copy there may be some non-displayable control Codes or an additional space etc. can creep into the values and this may not exactly match with the values in the Combo Box.

1. If you want to disable this feature then display the Combobox Property Sheet.
    2. Change the Limit to List Property Value to No
    3. Remove the [EventProcedure] that Runs in the On Not in List Event. (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses are based on Access 2003/2007

thanks for ur reply,

but I am sure the value am copying is clean