Unanswered: Dcount help please

Hi guys i am having trouble with this dcount function.

What i am aiming to do is count the records in a query (which i can do) but the criteria needs to be based on the value of another query.

Code:
    If DCount("*", "qryeventsbookedpm", "[StartDate] =  " & MakeUSDate(Me("day" & X)) & "") >= 2 Then
    The above works but what i want to do is change the ">= 2" to pick up a value in another query

Code:
    If DCount("*", "qryeventsbookedam", "[StartDate] =  " & MakeUSDate(Me("day" & X)) & "") >= [qryeventsbookedmaxzoneslots]![LastOfamslots] Then
    I dont know how to format the last bit. Any help would be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by leebaggaley View Post
    Hi guys i am having trouble with this dcount function.

What i am aiming to do is count the records in a query (which i can do) but the criteria needs to be based on the value of another query.

Code:
    If DCount("*", "qryeventsbookedpm", "[StartDate] =  " & MakeUSDate(Me("day" & X)) & "") >= 2 Then
    The above works but what i want to do is change the ">= 2" to pick up a value in another query

Code:
    If DCount("*", "qryeventsbookedam", "[StartDate] =  " & MakeUSDate(Me("day" & X)) & "") >= [qryeventsbookedmaxzoneslots]![LastOfamslots] Then
    I dont know how to format the last bit. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi

I don't profess to understand your user defined function but, taking that as read, I would suggest somethink like this

Code:
    If DCount("*", "qryeventsbookedam", "[StartDate] =  " & MakeUSDate(Me("day" & X)) & "") >= DLookUp("LastOfamslots","qryeventsbookedmaxzoneslots") Then
    This assumes that there is only one record returned by 'qryeventsbookedmaxzoneslots' ?

MTB

amazing, that works perfectly

I cant thank you enough, i have been stressing over this for the last 4 hours lol

Thanks very much