Unanswered: Package Cache Issue.

Hello all,

We are experiencing Package Cache Overflow in production DB. On average every two weeks the is an overflow occurs. First occurence follows buy anothe abour 5 hours lates. Second is followed by third one about an hour later an then few minutes . . . . in about 10 hours total there are many overflows. applications hang and needs a restart.

IBM support informed that there is an issue with current fixpack,but will be fixed in next,due mid December. They also advised to do FLUSH PACKAGE CACHE every time the situation arises, also schedule on regular basis. This did not solve the problem, because last time first overflow occured 3 hours after a FLUSH.

Now only way is that I monitor package cache use regularly. May be every hour.

Can someone advise me which function or view will provide me such info. That is, currently used package cache and available package cache, so that I may be able to tell when there is an alarming situation.

I guess (not sure) following lines show it.

Node number = 0
    Memory Pool Type = Package Cache Heap
    Current size (bytes) = 116391936
    High water mark (bytes) = 153747456
    Configured size (bytes) = 17178820608
    DB2V9.5 fp4 on Win2K3

Please help.

DBFinder

You should not see package cache overflows if pckcachesz is set to automatic and STMM is enabled. Please check the following thread for info on how you can monitor it: http://www.dbforums.com/db2/1633368-...e-overfow.html

v9.5 fp5 was released today in case you want to upgrade...

Bella,

Yes we are having problem, despite AUTOMATIC settings.

Thanks for reference.

DBFinder

What about STMM (self_tuning_mem db cfg)

Provided Answers: 5
    In addition to having STMM turned on, you have to have at least 2 of the tunable parameters set to AUTOMATIC for it to work.

Andy