Unanswered: Setting Foreign Key in MS-Access

Hi,
    I am using MS-Access 2007. I am creating database for my application.
    And i am having 2 tables. CreateUser table and Login table with these fields.
    CreateUser Table
    UserID
    UserName
    Password
    Login Table
    UserID
    Active
    LastLoginDate
    So when i add some data in Create user table, automatically i want to update login table with active field set to be "Yes".
    How to do this?

When you create the user in your CreateUser Table use an append query to add the UserID to your Login Table. In your Login Table you can set the default value of Active to True if you are using the Yes/No data type or Yes if you are using a text data type.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Smurf View Post
    When you create the user in your CreateUser Table use an append query to add the UserID to your Login Table. In your Login Table you can set the default value of Active to True if you are using the Yes/No data type or Yes if you are using a text data type.
    Can u make me more clear? Are you saying to use insert query in both the tables?

Here's how I would do it. Make your active field of data type yes/no. Set the default value to yes. Set up the relationship between the two tables. Then create one form for your createuser table and another form for login table. I would add the login table form as a subform to createuser form. When you add a new record to createuser a record will also be created in login with the active field set to yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hayesbcajh View Post
    Here's how I would do it. Make your active field of data type yes/no. Set the default value to yes. Set up the relationship between the two tables. Then create one form for your createuser table and another form for login table. I would add the login table form as a subform to createuser form. When you add a new record to createuser a record will also be created in login with the active field set to yes.
    I did as per your post, but i am not getting it. I dont know the mistake. Please check the attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In the table tbl_login, make the UserId field number instead of autonumber. Then add the following to the After Insert event on the form tbl_createuser...
    Me.tbl_login!Active = "Yes"