Unanswered: Need a teacher/mentor for DB2 v9.1 UDB

I am hoping to find a teacher/mentor for DB2 v9.1 for Windows, Linux, and Unix. Do you know of any websites/training or anyone with DB2 experience that is reasonably priced, that could do this online with me?

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by rockycj_dba View Post
    I am hoping to find a teacher/mentor for DB2 v9.1 for Windows, Linux, and Unix. Do you know of any websites/training or anyone with DB2 experience that is reasonably priced, that could do this online with me?

Thanks
    It depends what is the reasonable price for you and for him(her).
    And how you suppose to pay: by time, by answers, or by monthly ?

Lenny

Probably the time you spend mentoring/teaching

I think paying by the time you spend on mentoring and teaching would be more fair. I am a beginner on DB2 v9 for Linux, Unix, Windows for DBAs. I know general tasks such as backup and recovery. Create an instance and database etc... I'm looking for someone to show and explain more tasks and details behind what it's really doing and why. Guide me to learn more and further challenges.

Someone to help me get started on training DB2 database from my home PC. I think someone can help me with this over the phone and internet.

Please email me if interested and we can talk more. cclark002@new.rr.com

I find DB2 Certification Guides (Basic and Advanced) helpful. Why don't you read them instead and then take a DB2 course (DB2 Advanced Administration for Experts)