This is probably the dumbest question of the day, but I just started using Access 2007 recently, and I'm a little lost. A few years ago, I created an Access 2000 application form which uses its own custom menu. I'm in the process of duplicating it in Access 2007, but can't seem to figure out how to start creating the custom menu for it.

When I open up the old 2003 application form in Access 2007, I have the Home, Create, External Data, and Database Tools tabs, but there's also an Add-ins tab which shows the custom menu items. (Still haven't figured out how to edit the thing, though.)

When I open up the new 2007 application form, I have the Home, Create, External Data, and Database Tools tabs, but there's no Add-ins tab (which is understandable, since I don't yet have a custom menu).

I tried matching the Help file steps, which use a macro to create a menu, but the Design View that opens up doesn't look like the samples in the Help text (i.e., there doesn't seem to be a Name column in the Design View, and it doesn't want to add one).

Could someone please provide a quick-and-dirty explanation as to how to create a custom menu in 2007?

Thanks