Unanswered: btrieve error 11 on Pervasive 2000i

Hi

I'am fairly new to pervasive and does having a hard time searching for resolutions on btrieve error 11 on pervasive 2000i

based on my research, it is a result of an invalid file name (or directory of database?) but see no resolution to fix the problem.

what happened is, i am actually trying to fix another issue within the database. I recreated the table and voila problem solved. Then somebody restarted the server (warm boot) and when we tried to access the database through Pervasive control center, we are prompted of the "btrieve error 11" error. we tried deleting the said database from the control center and recreating it with no good results.

embedded spaces is turned to off in the SERVER. hope somebody could help.

thanks,
    Rj

Provided Answers: 4
    Sounds like the database name is pointing to the wrong location. It's also possible your DDFs are incorrect. You might check the actual values in the X$FILE for the table is question. Does it have a path or just a file name in the XF$NAME field? Also, does the entry for X$FILE pointing to FILE.DDF or X$FILE.DDF in the XF$NAME field?

Do you get the status 11 using the Pervasive Function Executor?
    The way to fix the problem depends on what's actually causing it. If the program really is sending an incorrect filename, the only way to fix it is to fix the program.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

ahmm. i think i elaborated it wrong sir.

Sounds like the database name is pointing to the wrong location. It's also possible your DDFs are incorrect. You might check the actual values in the X$FILE for the table is question. Does it have a path or just a file name in the XF$NAME field? Also, does the entry for X$FILE pointing to FILE.DDF or X$FILE.DDF in the XF$NAME field?

-- the issue with the table is actually not the one in question as it was already resolved. what we are doing right now is recreating the database in PCC. ex: we go to the PCC, click on the engine, new database, then the wizard comes right? then name is DBname then directory is at servername\dblocation (they are not the actual names btw) then we were able to recreate the database. but once we expand the tables drop down of that newly created database, the btrieve error 11 appears.

Do you get the status 11 using the Pervasive Function Executor?
    The way to fix the problem depends on what's actually causing it. If the program really is sending an incorrect filename, the only way to fix it is to fix the program.

-- i am unsure of Pervasive function executor...

thank you so much for your reply. hope to get more help from you and the others

thanks

btw, we are unable to check $file table as we are unable to expand the TABLES option in PCC under the database name as we are getting btrieve error 11 when expanding TABLES

Quote Originally Posted by jhaystrat View Post

-- the issue with the table is actually not the one in question as it was already resolved. what we are doing right now is recreating the database in PCC. ex: we go to the PCC, click on the engine, new database, then the wizard comes right? then name is DBname then directory is at servername\dblocation (they are not the actual names btw) then we were able to recreate the database. but once we expand the tables drop down of that newly created database, the btrieve error 11 appears.
    Are you creating the DBName at the server or through a Remote Desktop / Terminal Service session? What happens if you use a local drive letter rather than UNC (\\servername\dblocation)?

The Function Executor is the Btrieve equivalent of the Pervasive Control Center. It uses the Btrieve interface rather than the SQL interface to access files. It's much simpler than the PCC. The file name is WBEXEC32.EXE.
    Mirtheil Software

Are you creating the DBName at the server or through a Remote Desktop / Terminal Service session? What happens if you use a local drive letter rather than UNC (\\servername\dblocation)?

The Function Executor is the Btrieve equivalent of the Pervasive Control Center. It uses the Btrieve interface rather than the SQL interface to access files. It's much simpler than the PCC. The file name is WBEXEC32.EXE.
    Mirtheil Software

Hi mirtheil. first off i would like to thank you for taking time answering not only my questions but also the others. Im glad to inform you that we were able to fix the problem by relocating the directory of the DBname through PCC, configuration, right clicked it then maintain named database and set the correct path

function executor - cool! first time i saw that today. =)

we were creating the dbname through PCC in the server itself. we recreated the DBname folder using the ERP the company is using and repath the directory through PCC configuration as mentioned above

your help is very much appreciated. looks like i'll be hanging around dbforums frequently =)

again many thanks