This role has full management accountability/responsibility for an external partner relationship providing the Help Desk and Desktop Management services. The selected candidate will actively manage the operational and business objectives for this performance based contract.
The Manager, User Support Services will also be responsible for further defining and executing on the Desktop Architecture Roadmap, in conjunction with our Senior Desktop Engineer/Architect, who will also be a direct report to this position.
The selected candidate will bring an influential change perspective, facilitating technical and process changes throughout the user community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Primary relationship management with outsource partner, spanning business/strategic and daily operational aspects of the relationship, including compliance with contractual agreement and associated Service Level Agreements to ensure appropriate user support.
· Manage engagement ?change orders? and agreement modifications, including appropriate business justifications, to continually align contracted services per business needs.
· Primary management point to/from outsource partner and IT development / engineering / support teams, Business Segment Partners and user community.
· Continuously optimize Help Desk and Desktop Management processes and practices, consistent with business needs with steady focus on service and expense optimization.
· Work closely with Windows Server Management/Team in the ongoing management of Microsoft/other licensing/renewals/true-ups.
· Define and refine short term and longer term desktop/laptop architecture/strategy direction and rationalize/champion projects and base work efforts to move along a defined road map?i.e. hardware /software upgrades, migrations and virtualization opportunities.
· Provide ?relationship bridge? between user community and Global Operations Management/Support Staff positioned in our corporate datacenter in Dayton, OH.
· Work with various business and IT project teams, to queue and manage work requests, requiring Desktop resources/expertise for project execution.
· Previous experience successfully managing a Help Desk and Desktop Management Staff, preferably with an externally sourced partner including operational and business /contracting responsibilities
· Demonstrated ability to determine requirements and drive change in complex organization.
· Strong sense of urgency to establish and meet project goals; a results-oriented change agent; and strong process orientation.
· Excellent presentation/communication (verbal and written) skills.
· Strong management and negotiation skills, including pragmatic decision-making.
· Broad exposure to enterprise desktop/laptop hardware and software (in a financial services or insurance firm is a plus)
· Experience with Microsoft (and other/related) licensing agreements
· Experience with a structured IT Best Practice Methodology?i.e. ITIL
· Experience with infra/enterprise incident/request tool a plus
· 8-10 years of relevant technical experience
· Minimal travel required.
BS/BA in Computer Science or related technical/business degree
· Graduate / Advanced degree desirable, but not required
Nice to Haves: Must have managed no less than 2000-3000 seat help desk, Must have been in a lead position with the user community and Executive Management, great people skills, Knowledge of Microsoft licensing.