Unanswered: DB2 Instance partition on Linux

Hello,

I am unable to perform DB2 partition on Linux. The instance that has been created is ctginst1. I log in to that instance and open the db2nodes.cfg file which is placed under sqllib directory as sqllib/db2nodes.cfg using vi. Already a partition 0 was created by default. I tried to create another partition 1 by adding the following line :

1 ismvm01 1

When I issued the db2start/db2stop command I get the following errors:

ctginst1@ccmdbsrmsp72betadrop2:~> db2stop
    12/29/2009 07:43:28 0 0 SQL6048N A communication error occurred during START or STOP DATABASE MANAGER processing.
    12/29/2009 07:43:58 1 0 SQL6048N A communication error occurred during START or STOP DATABASE MANAGER processing.
    SQL1025N The database manager was not stopped because databases are still active.

I try to create DB2 partitions on windows using db2ncrt command or using the DB2START command. They work perfect. I do not understand why I get this error when I try to create a partition on lInux.

I have attached 2 screen shots for your reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Check if you have .rhosts file in the instance home dir. You can also try specifying a long hostname (ismvm01....com) in db2nodes.cfg. If this doesn't help, check db2diag.log for errors.

1. rhosts
    2. password set?
    3. try db2iupdt