Assignments for the Database Administrator will normally consist of designing, implementing, and maintaining relational database structures to support efficient access and maintenance of the data, monitoring performance and tuning of the database environments. There may be on-call responsibilities for resolution of problems during off hours with this position. The individuals are expected to work on multiple tasks concurrently and are expected to accept responsibility for high quality and timely completion of all assigned tasks.
· Bachelor?s Degree in Information Science (or related field) or equivalent proven experience.
· Minimum five years of Oracle data base management experience.
· Demonstrated competence, experience, knowledge, and understanding of database management.
· Display initiative, self-motivation, good judgment, common sense, a positive and cooperative attitude, and the ability to act decisively and promptly
· Gain a thorough understanding of assignments by reviewing relational database designs, related documentation, and other available materials.
· Identify problems at the database and system level.
· Analyze database designs for performance issues.
· Perform necessary follow-up with Information Services staff to ensure that the newly implemented database designs are performing satisfactorily.
· Maintain current database environments.
· Maintain database data integrity and recoverability.
· Create efficient database designs.
· Implement new database applications.
· Implement database privileges to users and/or groups as required.
· Determine performance bottlenecks and tune application SQL statements.
· Monitor database growth and activities.
· Determine and implement solutions for database operation problems.
· Display effective time management skills on all assigned tasks.
· Take appropriate action to complete assigned tasks prior to or by the deadlines.
· Track and report individual task progress, status, and time on a timely basis.
· Interact with team members on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate identification, definition, and interpretation of database designs.
· Interact with Information Services application staff to ensure accurate definition of assigned tasks and supply progress reports.
· Interact with Information Services technical support staff to maintain database environment performance.
· Create clear and concise documentation in support of database technology.
· Work with implementation team (Information Services staff and vendors) to ensure smooth implementation, understanding, and trouble shooting of software, and to ensure resolution of outstanding issues