Unanswered: Sending an Enter Key

This ought to be easy but it is driving me nuts. I can't find the solution anywhere.

In a Microsoft Access vb routine I print a report to a printer known as doPDF which converts my report to a PDF. Each time I do this the doPDF software kicks up a dialog box. All I have to do to finish the process is hit the Enter key.

How can I make my Access routine 'hit' the enter key for me?

I've tried sendkeys to no avail.

I'm guessing the dialog box is not generated by Access itself but instead by the "printer". If that's the case you might be a little SOL. You might be able to do something with some API's but I don't know of any...anyone else know?

I do something similar to print but I use Win2PDF which comes with an API that you can use to print directly from code without user intervention. Good luck.

C

Provided Answers: 1
    If there's no API for doPDF, you can look in to the SendKeys() function of the windows API.

The most elegant solution would either be an API or some command line parameters though.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by canupus View Post
    I'm guessing the dialog box is not generated by Access itself but instead by the "printer". If that's the case you might be a little SOL. You might be able to do something with some API's but I don't know of any...anyone else know?

I do something similar to print but I use Win2PDF which comes with an API that you can use to print directly from code without user intervention. Good luck.

C
    I wasn't aware of win2pdf. I'll take a look at it. Thanks