Unanswered: Data/String into an Excel Cell using VB

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get string/numbers into specific excel cells using VB but can't seem to find the right calls anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    JD

The path through the Excel object model would be:
    Code:
    Excel.Application.Workbooks("MyWorkbook.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = "hello"
    The depth of the qualification depends on how and where you are automating the process from.

Does that help?

Thanks Colin_L!

Worked like a charm.

Yeah I couldn't wrap my head around the Range thing and I saw a couple other posts on other sites using worksheet.cells(icol,irow) = "hello" type stuff which I couldn't get to work.

Now I can relax my brain from that and focus on more important things like the USA / Canada game tonight...

Hi,

For VBA/6/S purposes, the worksheet.cells property is similar to the worksheet.range property in that they both return a reference to a range object. (There is no Cell object).

The following are both the equivalent of each other:
    Code:
    Excel.Application.Workbooks("MyWorkbook.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = "hello"

Excel.Application.Workbooks("MyWorkbook.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(1,1).Value = "hello"
    The worksheet.cells property is particular useful when you need the column reference enumerated (1 instead of "A"), such as in a For.. Next loop.

Hope that helps...