Unanswered: Load ODBC extract into postgres

Hi

I need to extract the data from an ODBC datasource and re-create the database in postgres and was looking for some advise on the easiest way to do this.

I have managed to extract the schema from the ODBC source and re-create the database but as there are 200+ tables I was hoping there would be an easier way to extract and reload that database than writing an insert for each table.

I have looked at and ETL tool like Talend but can't seem to find a way to just extract the whole database and reload it in one go.

Is there a command line utility that would extract the schema and the data into a file like a database dump that I could then load into Postgres (after some fixing for datatypes etc)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    O

Check out Database Designer for PostgreSQL, by MicroOlap. It has a reverse engineering option which can generate the SQL DDL to build your database from an ODBC source (among others.)

And, you have the option to include the data, I believe. (SQL Inserts will be generated in a text file)

In any event, you can download a 30 day trial version from their site that's fully functional, and give it a whirl.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert