Thread: remote access

Exclamation Unanswered: remote access

hie guys is it possible for me to see my clients databases using global database names whilst we are on seperate networks. iif possible how do i do it iam using oracle 10g. Please help me if its possible

"for me to see my clients databases using global database names"

What does that mean? Is there a command you're trying to run or what?

"whilst we are on seperate networks"

So what's separating these networks? A lack of physical media? A firewall?

" iam using oracle 10g"

But we're not talking about what you're using, we're talking about the client. And what OS are they serving it on?

Look, if you're this confused about what you're doing, just don't try to connect remotely.

You're trying to learn as you go on someone else's computer. You're going to need their assistance with setting up remote access, and if you don't know how to connect it just looks bad. Also, you could screw up their database, or if you spend enough time poking and prodding around the system, it might even look like you're trying to break into it or gain unauthorized privileges.

Everyone's got to learn, but it's best to do it on your own development system.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >hie guys is it possible for me to see my clients databases using global database names whilst we are on seperate networks.
    If it is possible for YOU " to see my clients databases using global database names",
    then it is possible for ME,or anyone to do the same.

I suggest it would be far better to obtain access to clients DB via ssh & avoid DB_LINKs.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

what iam trying achieve is to maintain the clients systems without me actually going at their sites thats all in know oracle offers that if iam on same network, but here is a different network. Can u assist me please