You need to copy the code in the Form_Open event and show us what it looks like.
Otherwise, check for anything that "Filters" the data on the form. I've had problems after converting (as well as simultaneous use) between 2003 mdb's to 2007 with the Filter command or data being filtered versus criteria in the query. For some reason, 2007 doesn't like this. Try removing the recordsource for the form and then opening it (saving the recordsource first). You may get an error or two if you have events firing based on values but if it still loads and doesn't cause the same error, you know it's probably not data related. If it opens without problems, add the recordsource back into the form and look at the properties of the form. Sometimes a property setting of the form causes errors with conversions. That might at least tell you if it's data related versus the code itself. Otherwise check any and all expressions in ALL fields, especially things like default values which are not easy to spot. Conditional formatting of a field is another spot often mislooked. A bad expression in a field which the 2 different versions doesn't like would cause problems.
I personally wouldn't advise using 2007 on 2003 mdbs along with 2003 users (the testing I did on ours was not encouraging and I had to restore backups quite often). I upsized and made a separate front-end (after fixing Filter command issues) for the 2007 users since a 2007 user would often corrupt the mdb for the 2003 user or vice-versa. But the mdb developer liked to use the Filter command quite often.
I've also seen this type of error when I was using 2 versions of MSAccess on the same computer and would import forms from one mdb into another. If I didn't immediately debug/compile the code after importing, the form would become corrupt and I had to create a new mdb and import all the forms from backup or used the /decompile option, deleted and re-imported the form. The error is similar to the same as you stated in your post but I couldn't say if this is the problem. I might still try opening the mdb with the /decompile parameter to try and fix.
Last edited by pkstormy; 01-08-10 at 22:41.
Expert Database Programming
MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)