Lightbulb xml to other databases like access, sql, mysql, oracle

Hi, I am bose.

I m havin a doubt. Whether we can convert a xml form of data to any other databases we want.
    Suppose, I am havin all my data in mysql... I am goin to host my site. The hoster s not providin support for mysql. Can i convert the mysql database to ready to use oracle or sql server database????

Yes it is possible to migrate to Oracle or SQL Server. There are big differences between those products so you will almost certainly have to rewrite some of your code and make changes to data types in your database. Probably the easiest way to migrate the data would be to use an integration tool like SQL Server Integration Services with MySQL as the source and the new DBMS as the target.

Alternatively you could find a different hosting company that does support MySQL.

Not sure why XML is relevant in your question. I don't think putting the data into XML will help you switch database platforms.

Red face xml to other database???

can xml form of data be converted to any other databases ???

If you have your data in mySQL, you understand mySQL and your new host will not support mySQL I would look for another host. I am amazed you managed to find a host that did not support mySQL to be honest.

Converting from one database to another is not trivial. 9 times out of 10 the RDBMS choice will last the lifetime of the application.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by gbose View Post
    can xml form of data be converted to any other databases ???
    Yes. Provided you have the software tools to do it.

Look in to XSL.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***