Unanswered: How to write the repeat of the users with same ID

Hi All,

I searched for the answer of my question on internet but could not find a solution. On my MySQL table, there some records consists of memberIDs.

Exampls:

Code:

memberID  code     yil 
    134450      D23    2007 
    145798      F56    2008 
    687684      R45    2007 
    134450      D23    2007
    What I would like to do is, to make MySQL bring the results of the table with another column showing how many times a memberID appears in the same year. For the above example the result must be like below:

Code:
    memberID  code     yil    repeat 
    134450     D23     2007    2 
    145798     F56     2008    1 
    687684     R45     2007    1 
    134450     D23     2007    2
    As you see memberID 134450 has 2 records in the year of 2007 for this reason repeat is 2.

I will be glad if anyone can help.

Thanks
    telmessos

Code:
     SELECT memberID,code,yil,COUNT(*) AS repeat
      FROM daTable
    GROUP BY memberID,code,yil
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I got the following error with the structure you gave to me...

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'repeat from bilgiler where tanikodu='O80' group by hak_sahibi_id,dogumtarihi,isl' at
    line 1

Quote Originally Posted by telmessos
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'repeat from bilgiler where tanikodu='O80' group by hak_sahibi_id,dogumtarihi,isl' at line 1
    I didn't notice that code in Rudy's SQL so perhaps it might help if you provide all the SQL that your actually typing in and the real table definition.

well, it appears that REPEAT is a reserved word

try assigning a different alias to the COUNT(*) column
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Oddly I thought that at first and checked on the MySQL reserved words site but I didn't see REPEAT. I just went back onto the site and found another little table of extra reserved words under the main table of reserved words

Quote Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
    Oddly I thought that at first and checked on the MySQL reserved words site but I didn't see REPEAT.
    take another look, it's right there between RENAME and REPLACE

rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    it's right there between RENAME and REPLACE
    It's never easy finding words on a page when they follow such ridiculously strict alphabetising rules, I much prefer a softer (more fuzzy) scheme where you can just "happen" upon the word - there is real pride in that!

Thanks for the replies. I am sending the complete database structure.

Code:
    +---------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
    | Field         | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
    | kayitID       | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
    | hak_sahibi_id | int(15)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | cinsiyet      | varchar(1)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | dogumtarihi   | date                | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | islemtarihi   | date                | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | tanikodu      | varchar(10)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | taniadi       | varchar(255)        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | tedavi_ili    | tinyint(2)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | dogum_ili     | varchar(50)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | ikamet_ili    | varchar(50)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |

what I exactly need to do is :

add a column to the right of the table (not really just on the query result) which shows how many times a client (with hak_sahibi_id) has a record in a year (which is the year section of field islemtarihi. normal format is yyyy-mm-dd at the moment), and a where clause at the end like "where tanikodu='O35'"

It is a complicated SQL query that's why I needed some help.

Regards
    telmessos
    Last edited by telmessos; 01-11-10 at 12:13.

I made the code working with group by. But I had a problem

My SQL query is this:

Code:
    SELECT bilgiler.*,COUNT(*) AS 'repeat' FROM bilgiler where tanikodu='M84.11' GROUP BY hak_sahibi_id,year(islemtarihi)
    This query writes the count of how many times a year each hak_sahibi_id recorded. But it doesn't show the actual records.

Let's say a person with hak_sahibi_id of 123456 has three records in the year of 2007 I want my query show all three results with value 3 shown in the count section.

For the moment it shows only one record with the value of 3 shown in the count section.

I hope I could explain the situation.

Regards

Code:
    SELECT bilgiler.*
         , b.repeat
      FROM bilgiler 
    INNER
      JOIN ( SELECT hak_sahibi_id
                  , year(islemtarihi) AS yyyy
                  , COUNT(*) AS 'repeat' 
               FROM bilgiler 
              WHERE tanikodu='M84.11'