Requisition for Technical Consultant Services for Assignment Number: 1-131-0473A
Job Description: Specialist EL
Agency: Office of Payroll Administration (OPA)
Assignment Name: Systems Development
Work Location: 1 Centre Street, 2nd Floor, RM 200N, New York, NY 10007
Scheduled Work Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Monday to Friday
Assignment Start/End Date: January 2010 – December 2010 (Tentative)
Total Estimated Assignment Hours: 1,142 Hours
Systems Developer Specialist EL
SCOPE OF SERVICES
· The Specialist EL will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
· Develop a database to track over 230 SAIC consultants’ planned, actual and remaining hours to facilitate the monthly invoice processing and quarterly-end budget reconciliations.
· Design and develop a system that provides an audit trail of all paid deliverables from purchase requests to vendor’s paid invoices to City’s Financial Management System (“FMS”).
· Develop and automate a database to reconcile the FMS EFT charges to the CityTime paid deliverables and invoices, and the FMS EFT deposits to the CityTime CP Request/Expense funds.
· Develop a system to integrate SAIC Access Database of invoice payments with the CityTime Deliverable Payment Schedule (“DPS”). Redesign and automate a database to track over 30 Spherion consultants’ planned, actual and remaining hours to facilitate the monthly invoice processing and monthly budget reconciliations.
· Design the Deliverable Payment Schedule database to track payments to CityTime prime contractor.
· Design a reporting system using VBA in MS Access for the CityTime project. Develop VBA to reorient the CityTime Spherion Funding Balance Sheet and automate a monthly collection of data from key contractors.
· Enhance an existing reporting system using VBA in MS Access to include other applications such as Deliverable Status Access Database, Funding Requests, Capital and Expenditure Budget Log Access, and integration between the inventory systems.
· Create and update queries for reviewing, testing, and validating data across systems to ensure compliance.
· Review and test workflow designs and implementations to ensure compliance with CityTime specifications.
· Assist in developing an automated system to track the distribution of the Data Collection Devices (“DCDs”) and the installation cost.
· Develop a reporting system that generates monthly status reports and/or ad hoc reports for all capital assets using Visio and PowerPoint produced documentation and design diagrams.
· Design and develop a system to audit CityTime warranty/maintenance contracts.
· 18 months of experience with writing application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Able to concurrently coordinate with multiple technical resources in a well-organized manner.
· Excellent team player, Detail oriented, self-directed, strong work ethic.
· Knowledge of Microsoft® Office Suite, MS Project, Crystal Reports, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
· Databases: Access 2003/2007
· Scripts: VBA and C++
· Design: Microsoft® Visio, PowerPoint
· Reports: Crystal Reports and Access Reports 2007
· Knowledge of Remedy Asset Management and Clear Quest is a plus
· OPA shall conduct criminal background inquiries for Consultant(s) prior to assignment.
· The Contractor shall supply the Date of Birth (DOB) of the proposed consultant prior to assignment.
· The Consultant shall be required to comply with the physical and LAN security policies of the agency and sign a Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement upon assignment.