Unanswered: Stock Levels in Acess

Hi everyone,

Its my first post so please accept my apoligise if this is in the wrong section.

Ive designed a website and am using Mals-e shopping cart and all is fine but what I need to finish the site off is as follows:

I need to be able to display how many of a particular item is in stock.

From what ive read you can store the products into a database and then everytime the shopping cart sells a product it will then do a silent http call back and take 1 item off the "in stock" amount.

Does anyone know if this is possible and can any one point me in the right direction?

I hope ive made things clear.

Cheers

I doubt you are using Access for a web shopping cart. I would suggest posting your question in the forum that pertains to the database you are using for your web shopping cart.

dbforums
    "Things are only impossible until they are not." ~Jean Luc Picard

hi im not use a data base as a cart ive got a html website and im using mals-e cart which is simply html code that sends the info to our payment processor.

There is a way of uploading a product database and then when someone completes the cart it modifies the database file to show how much real time stock there is, i just dont know how you do it.

Hope this is clearer

I do not think you want to use Access for this type of database. I would suggest using MS SQL or Sun MySQL that would better be able to handle your online environment. I would make your request in one of those forums.

Microsoft SQL is not free
    MySQL is free OpenSource
    "Things are only impossible until they are not." ~Jean Luc Picard