Unanswered: Cascading combo box problem

I hope someone can help me with a cascading combo box problem I've been having trouble with.

I have 4 tables:
    1) NVQ Title
    2) NVQ Subtitle
    3) NVQ Unit
    4) NVQ Endorsement

I have a single form to record the data entered by the user.

The first combo box will ask the user to select between two options (which are stored in table 1)

Depending on this selection, the second combo box should only show those options available for this NVQ Title (this I am able to do)

The third combo box should show options available depending on the option selected in the second combo box. The problem is depending on the Subtitle chosen, certain NVQ Units will be mandatory and some will be optional. I would like to be able to program the database to automatically select those which are mandatory and then allow the user to then select optional units and store this info in another table.

The fourth combo box will show options dependant on the Unit(s) selected in the third combo box.

I hope this makes sense, please advise me on the best way to accomplish this.

Thank you

cascading combo box problem

I think rather than creating series of combo boxes it will be better if you use List Boxes (in 3rd and 4th steps) so that users can make multiple selections and depending on their selection you can define queries to select and add records to the target table.

Have a look at the following two links and they, I hope, will help you to build a better procedure to solve the problem:

LEARN MS-ACCESS TIPS AND TRICKS: Selected List Box Items and Dynamic Query
    LEARN MS-ACCESS TIPS AND TRICKS: Create List from another Listbox.
    www.MsAccessTips.com (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses are based on Access 2003/2007