Unanswered: how to create a response file

we want to install DB2 v9.5 on Linux with same configuration as existing DB2 v9.5 on AIX ( DB2 v9.5.1 ESE on AIX v6.1 ).

I understand that the best way to do it is to use a response file from existing system. But I can not find any response files (even if they were created during previous installation). If they exist where would they be? Is there any way to generate a response file on existing DB2 v9.5?

Thanks in advance
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Provided Answers: 5
    You are going to have to create one on your own. You can use the samples provided as a basis. Windows has the utility you want, but there is not one for linux. You can also use the install program to create one for you.

Andy

so can i create them based on existing db2 installations? Do I need to do it manually? I need all the same parameters (HADR, server, appl. server, etc) but on Linux...

If you start the GUI-Installer, you can create a response-file. Afterwards you can modify the response-file for your needs (eg. Changing Instance-User Credentials).

i am going to use db2_install (we don't have any GUI tools) so I guess I will have to use everything manually.

Thanks everyone

db2_install
    Installs all features of a DB2® product to the given path (db2_install - Install DB2 product)

So if you are using db2_install, you don't need to worry about a response-file.

I recommended to prepare a response-file on another server (e.g a Windows-Server) and use it for your Installation on the Linux-Box (after you made changes to the response-file).

Quote Originally Posted by nvk@vhv View Post
    db2_install
    Installs all features of a DB2 product to the given path (db2_install - Install DB2 product)

So if you are using db2_install, you don't need to worry about a response-file.

I recommended to prepare a response-file on another server (e.g a Windows-Server) and use it for your Installation on the Linux-Box (after you made changes to the response-file).
    that's why i wanted to do installation using a response file. but we don't use/have any GUI tools and our main db2 is on Unix.

Thank you