lithia Fl.

Talking Give me more power Scotty!

Hey, I've been tinkering with some psu's I have and was told how to use two together on the same motherboard. I've been building and upgrading and adding to my desktop for a while now (I call it quadzilla) and with my next project I'm going to need about 1200 watts of stable power.What do you think about combining psu's, and any advice would be helpful. I also am concerned about stability issues. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

One Flump in One Place
    I have no idea what you are talking about I'm afraid. This is the feedback forum (as in to feedback to the owners) of a Database bulletin board.
    You would probably get a better response from a PC hardware forum.
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

You could just total up the power requirements for all the bits on your PC. The CPU uses the most power - a quad processor can use around 120 Watts so, even with overclocking, you're not going to require 1200 Watts. If it's for a gaming rig then the graphics card also can use a fair amount however if it's for a desktop PC browsing the web, compiling etc etc then I'm sure an Atom 270 processor would be fine which uses about 10 watts. You should also try getting opinions on various other forums such as this one or this one.