Unanswered: DB2 Automatic Client Reroute

Hello there!

I kindly want to ask you something about the DB2 ACR. I already setted up successfully a DB2 Hadr environment on my Server systems and this works pretty fine (also the Takeover and Failover)

But now i hardly try to find a solution to save the information of the alternate server on the client. Because until here, the information will be only saved in the cache of the Client, which is totally not a good solution in case the client crashes.

Can anyone explain me where on the client i can save those information of the 2 DB2 Servers? I already found something in the IBM information Center, which says i should save it in the file db2dsdriver, but i dont find it ...

I am thankful for each clue. All of you who read this i already say "Thank you & have a nice day"

DB_N00b

Hi,

i depends on your client. If you have a normal DB2-Client, it will save it somewhere and connects to the failover Server until the Servers switch their roles again.
    In JDBC-Type4 the Information is saved nowhere afaik. The Application won't be able to connect to the failover, because the Information is not available.

nvk

Quote Originally Posted by nvk@vhv View Post
    Hi,

In JDBC-Type4 the Information is saved nowhere afaik. The Application won't be able to connect to the failover, because the Information is not available.

nvk
    you have to use JNDI to configure the alternate server

DB2 Universal JDBC Driver client reroute support
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.