Unanswered: Emailing one record from a form as a pdf.

Hi guys, I created a form that is linked to one data table and the database is split with multiple users entering records into the database using the form. When a user has completed filling out the form I want them to be able to email that specific record in pdf format. I've created a macro using the select object and send object commands and made the output format to be .pdf, I assigned the macro to a command button. All this works except it doesn't just send one record, it sends all records within the database. Is there a way to email just the specific record displayed on the screen? Thanks.

I'm using access 2007

you need a query that results in just the one record.

then make your pdf off this query or off a report based on this query...

Provided Answers: 14
    If you're sending the form object, you should restrict the range of the form before sending it, using a filter for instance.
    Have a nice day!

I tried the query and thats not really what i was looking for, I need the pdf to look like the form while in form view, kind of like when a user prints the form, it prints the whole form with the completed data. Thats another thing, how come I was able to configure my "print form" button to print only one record at a time but i cant configure my "email form" button to convert one record at a time to pdf then email it?

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by brian56 View Post
    I tried the query and thats not really what i was looking for, I need the pdf to look like the form while in form view, kind of like when a user prints the form, it prints the whole form with the completed data. Thats another thing, how come I was able to configure my "print form" button to print only one record at a time but i cant configure my "email form" button to convert one record at a time to pdf then email it?
    Excellent question.

Almost makes you want to look at the code side by side...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 14
    I was not talking about a query. I was talking about applying a filter to the form before sending it in pdf format, so it would show only one record.
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Excellent question.

Almost makes you want to look at the code side by side...
    Bear with me but I made the "print form" and "email form" buttons using macros, i didn't use any code in vba, the print button is configured with a run command select record and run command print selection, email button is select object and send object. Is there a way to see the actual code for these macros?

my way

One way is to print preview, and then print screen (to clip board), and paste in email or in a word document, but this gives poor definition, so better to print (current record) and scan to email. Rather a waste of ink and paper. Pity Microsoft do not make it possible to send just one record. Filtering is ok as long as the receiver reads the email before you show all records.