Unanswered: Trigger with null fields

Hi, i'm having a problem with a trigger that copies the information from a staging table to a final table.

My trigger should delete if exists any record for that date, and insert into the final table.

My problem is: when i have any null column, the trigger fails.
    the error is: ORA-00936 Missing expression.

Both tables have nullable permitions to that fields...

can anyone help on this?

Code:
    CREATE OR REPLACE
    TRIGGER TRG_FARMACOVIGILANCIA 
    AFTER INSERT ON BSC_L_FARMACOVIGILANCIA 
    FOR EACH ROW 
    Declare 
     v_sql varchar2(5000);
     v_count number;

BEGIN
     v_sql := 'select count(1) from bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA where data = '|| :NEW.DATA;
     execute immediate v_sql into v_count;

if v_count <> 0 then
     v_sql := 'delete from bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA where data = '|| :NEW.DATA;
     execute immediate v_sql;
     end if;

v_sql := 'insert into bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA values('||:NEW.ID_FARMACOVIGILANCIA||','||:new.OE||','||:new.oo||','||:new.direccao||','||:new.data||','||:new.N_NOTIF_GV_NGV_PS||','||:new.N_NOTIF_GV_NGV_IF||','||:new.N_MATER_EDUC_APROVADOS||','||:new.N_PROTOC_AN_RISCO||','||:new.N_REL_AN_RISCO||','||:new.N_NOTIF_GV_PS_ENCAM_RSP_PR||','||:new.N_NOT_ESP_RAM_GV_ENCAM_EMEA_PR||','||:new.N_TT_NOT_GV||','||:new.N_TT_ALT_TIPO_II_SEG||','||:new.N_TT_MED_SEG_URG||','||:new.N_ALT_TIPO_II_SEG_CONC_PR||','||:new.N_MED_SEG_URG_CONC_PR||','||:new.N_CIRC_INFORMATIVAS||','||:new.N_PUBLICACOES||','||:new.N_BOLETINS_FARMACOVIGIL||','||:new.DATA_CTRL||')';
     execute immediate v_sql;
    END;
    thanx,

Provided Answers: 4
    What is NULL? Is it ":NEW.DATA"? If so, perhaps you should first check whether it is NULL and create WHERE clause according to that fact. Because, you can't have
    Code:
    WHERE data = <null>
    , but
    Code:
    WHERE data IS NULL
    . Something like this:
    Code:
    if :new.data is null then
       v_sql := 'select ... where data is null';
    else
       v_sql := 'select ... where data = ' || :new.data
    end if;

execute immediate v_sql into v_count;
    etc.
    If I'm wrong, I guess you'll say so.

Littlefoot, thanx for your fast reply.
    But my problem isn't with the field data (date in portuguese), the data field can't be null, it has a value every time that i insert some data to the table, i'm having problem in all other fileds (that can be null).

There is some restriction to the trigger or calling :new.field where field can't be null?

Provided Answers: 1
    It is because you are (unnecessarily) constructing dynamic SQL that, if values are null, ends up looking like this:
    Code:
    delete from bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA where data =
    Code:
    insert into bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA values(,,,,,,)
    Why are you using dynamic SQL at all? You could just write:

Code:
    CREATE OR REPLACE
    FOR EACH ROW 
    Declare 
     v_count number;

BEGIN
     select count(1) into v_count from bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA where data = :NEW.DATA;

if v_count <> 0 then
        delete from bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA where data = :NEW.DATA;
     end if;

insert into bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA values(NEW.ID_FARMACOVIGILANCIA,:new.OE,:new.oo,:new.direccao,:new.data,:new.N_NOTIF_GV_NGV_PS,:new.N_NOTIF_GV_NGV_IF,:new.N_MATER_EDUC_APROVADOS,:new.N_PROTOC_AN_RISCO,:new.N_REL_AN_RISCO,:new.N_NOTIF_GV_PS_ENCAM_RSP_PR,:new.N_NOT_ESP_RAM_GV_ENCAM_EMEA_PR,:new.N_TT_NOT_GV,:new.N_TT_ALT_TIPO_II_SEG,:new.N_TT_MED_SEG_URG,:new.N_ALT_TIPO_II_SEG_CONC_PR,:new.N_MED_SEG_URG_CONC_PR,:new.N_CIRC_INFORMATIVAS,:new.N_PUBLICACOES,:new.N_BOLETINS_FARMACOVIGIL,:new.DATA_CTRL);
    END;
    Or even better/simpler:
    Code:
    CREATE OR REPLACE
    FOR EACH ROW 
    BEGIN

insert into bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA values(NEW.ID_FARMACOVIGILANCIA,:new.OE,:new.oo,:new.direccao,:new.data,:new.N_NOTIF_GV_NGV_PS,:new.N_NOTIF_GV_NGV_IF,:new.N_MATER_EDUC_APROVADOS,:new.N_PROTOC_AN_RISCO,:new.N_REL_AN_RISCO,:new.N_NOTIF_GV_PS_ENCAM_RSP_PR,:new.N_NOT_ESP_RAM_GV_ENCAM_EMEA_PR,:new.N_TT_NOT_GV,:new.N_TT_ALT_TIPO_II_SEG,:new.N_TT_MED_SEG_URG,:new.N_ALT_TIPO_II_SEG_CONC_PR,:new.N_MED_SEG_URG_CONC_PR,:new.N_CIRC_INFORMATIVAS,:new.N_PUBLICACOES,:new.N_BOLETINS_FARMACOVIGIL,:new.DATA_CTRL);
    END;

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by andrewst View Post
    It is because you are (unnecessarily) constructing dynamic SQL that, if values are null, ends up looking like this:
    Code:
    delete from bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA where data =
    Code:
    insert into bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA values(,,,,,,)
    Why are you using dynamic SQL at all? You could just write:

Code:
    CREATE OR REPLACE
    FOR EACH ROW 
    Declare 
     v_count number;

BEGIN
     select count(1) into v_count from bsc_f_FARMACOVIGILANCIA where data = :NEW.DATA;

if v_count <> 0 then
     end if;

END;
    Or even better/simpler:
    Code:
    CREATE OR REPLACE
    FOR EACH ROW 
    BEGIN

END;
    Andrewst, Thank you so much!

It worked perfectly.

Thats the problem of coding too much PL/SQL dinamic... i was thinking to do a decode on the sqlldr to -1 and on the trigger do another decote to null, but your solution was perfect!