Way to contact you.

A spam thread was posted yesterday in the MS SQL Server forum, offering to sell lists of credit card numbers. I looked around for something (anything) to click on to be able to contact you folks about it. It was impossible to quickly find any way to contact you, so that you could delete the thread. In the help system it talked about "Report" buttons being available throughout the system, but I could find no such buttons. After 10 minutes of searching, I found that the thread had already been deleted.

But it would be nice to have a way to contact you folks in case we spot a problem.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

Under the text "Display modes" - top right hand side of page - you'll see some icons. If you hover your mouse over these icons then they'll say what they do - one of them is to report problems but I'll admit they're not obvious. We're pretty quick to remove spam etc but it always helps to have some help.

Mike

I just logged-in and, for this thread, went to the Display Mode pulldown combobox.

The three options that are available are:
    1) Linear Mode
    2) Switch to Hybrid Mode
    3) Switch to Threaded Mode

Hovering over the associated icons caused a popup tag which simply repeated those descriptions.

Might I suggest two things:

Firstly, the help page should be updated to remove any reference to the Report buttons, considering they no longer appear to exist.

Secondly, that the availability of some reporting link should be put under the Thread Tools pulldown combobox, as the action is more akin to a thread utility than having anything to do with the display mode of the thread.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

BTW, just went into the MS SQL forum and there is a new spam item posted.

Although I set up my account some time ago, I just started returning to the forum in the last couple of days.

I feel for you guys, with respect to the fact that you appear under siege from these spammers.

Hope you are successful in dealing with them.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

i think what mike was trying to tell you wasn't the display modes themselves, but underneath that, the icons on the post header line, the dark grey bar, beside the "permalink" link -- each post has a Report Post icon, just click that to report the spam
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Oh. I see that now.

Thanks.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

I see that