Unanswered: Missing records in query

Hi. I have a database with three tables, all in a relationship. This is the SQL from the query

SELECT tblBook.BookID AS tblBook_BookID, tblBook.Book, tblBook.Price, tblBook.Frequency, tblName.NameID AS tblName_NameID, tblName.Fname, tblName.Surname, tblName.TelNo, tblOrder.ID, tblOrder.NameID AS tblOrder_NameID, tblOrder.[No], tblName.Cancelled
    FROM tblName INNER JOIN (tblBook INNER JOIN tblOrder ON tblBook.BookID = tblOrder.BookID) ON tblName.NameID = tblOrder.NameID
    ORDER BY tblName.Surname;

What I am finding is that not all the records are showing in the query. From looking at previous posts and at this tutorial SQL Tutorial [SELECT Statement Extended] I think it may be something to do with the Join function. Perhaps it should be FULL OUTER JOIN? But I am not sure how to code this to replace the two join statements above. If I replace INNER JOIN with FULL OUTER JOIN an error message says Syntax error and highlights OUTER.

Perhaps someone can explain this to me.
    Janet

It appears your tutorial site you linked to does a decent enough job of explaining the differences, but I don't think Access supports a Full Outer Join; I think you'll want either a LEFT JOIN or a RIGHT JOIN.
    Me.Geek = True

OK. So I tried LEFT OUTER JOIN and LEFT JOIN (as you suggested nckdryr) both gave the error message "Join expression not supported".

If that is the case, how do I get these records visible?
    Janet

I've just seen your reference to the ACCESS tutorial on joins. I have tried what they suggest, but it is telling me I need to create a query on one join and then insert it into the other query with the other join. I shall have to have a go at that tomorrow. I am not sure how to do it, but I will give it a try.
    Janet

Try something like the following:

Code:
    SELECT tblBook.BookID AS tblBook_BookID, tblBook.Book, tblBook.Price, tblBook.Frequency, tblName.NameID AS tblName_NameID, tblName.Fname, tblName.Surname, tblName.TelNo, tblOrder.ID, tblOrder.NameID AS tblOrder_NameID, tblOrder.[No], tblName.Cancelled
    FROM tblName LEFT JOIN (tblBook LEFT JOIN tblOrder ON tblBook.BookID = tblOrder.BookID) ON tblName.NameID = tblOrder.NameID
    ORDER BY tblName.Surname;
    See if that gets you what you're after.
    Me.Geek = True

Tried that and the error "Join expression not supported" comes up
    Janet

Code:
      FROM (
           tblOrder
    INNER
      JOIN tblBook
        ON tblBook.BookID = tblOrder.BookID
           )
    INNER 
      JOIN tblName 
        ON tblName.NameID = tblOrder.NameID

they ~have~ to be INNER joins, unless you have a situation where (1) there's an order with a BookID for a non-existent book, or (2) there's an order with a NameID for a non-existent name
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

BINGO. That worked. Many thanks.

It is basically the same as I had originally but with the brackets in a different place.

'Tis a puzzlement!
    Janet

MS Access 2007 - Query problem

I have a similar problem as mentioned above and the solution does not work for me. I have two tables; one of them has 1400 records and another about 100. It seems that very randomly, query does not give the record I call for,
    Here is the SQL code for my query. Please give me any idea what is wrong or what should I change to make it work. MS Access 2007

Code:
    SELECT MasterListing.OWC, MasterListing.ID, MasterListing.PartNumber, MasterListing.SerialNumber, MasterListing.WUC, MasterListing.DateDueCal, MasterListing.DateLastCal, MasterListing.Location, MasterListing.Comments, MasterListing.Nomenclature, MasterListing.JobControl, MasterListing.CalInterval, MasterListing.DateFromPmel, Master_PN.PartNumber, Master_PN.Nomenclature, Master_PN.CalInterval, Master_PN.LastUpdate, Master_PN.Remarks, Master_PN.WUC, MasterListing.Status, MasterListing.DateToOWC
    FROM MasterListing INNER JOIN Master_PN ON MasterListing.PartNumber = Master_PN.PartNumber
    WHERE (((MasterListing.ID)=[Enter ID]));