Unanswered: DB2 doesn't work on Windows 7?

I tried DB2 V9.7 (Express-C and Enterprise Editions, 32bits), neither succeeded on Winsows 7 Enterprise Edition.

Jena, Germany
    It is supported and you will find the prerequisites in the manual: IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

There is forum on the IBM website dedicated to DB2 Express-C support issues that you should try before giving up.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by wangfsh View Post
    I tried DB2 V9.7 (Express-C and Enterprise Editions, 32bits), neither succeeded on Winsows 7 Enterprise Edition.
    On my HP Mini 110, I have db2 9.7 express c (32 bit) installed on windows 7 rc. I don't remember of any hurdle installing when it was installed. I recall I had installed 64 bit version when I got windows 7 RC copy without any issue.

As a standard practice I take following steps before first try.

1. Create user that will be db2 administrator.
    2. Add that user to windows Administrators' group.
    3. Log on as the user created.
    4. Start install.

I do believe that there could be one step sufficient as "Run As Administrator" to launch the install program. Still you may have problems creating or accessing the sample database created at the end of install.

Previously I had written an installation walkthrough on db2 v9.5. This should have been completed for 9.7 too, but cold not finish yet.

Let me know if you still have any unresolved issues about DB2 install.

PS: As Marcus A advised, the express c forum is helpful. There might be may others who may have expressed their problems and might have recieved solutions from others.
    Last edited by DBFinder; 01-31-10 at 20:40.