Question Unanswered: Is there a replication tools for PostgreSQL

Dear ALL,

We and our client are using PostgreSQL 8.1.3. We receive a job to synchronize some tables between PostgreSQL and MS SQL 2008. Is there any tools I could use to complete the task?

Thank you very much!

You didn't specify which direction you are going. But you can use an ODBC connection to Postgres and MS' SSIS to do the replication.

Quote Originally Posted by artacus72 View Post
    You didn't specify which direction you are going. But you can use an ODBC connection to Postgres and MS' SSIS to do the replication.
    Dear,

Thank you for your reply. I need both direction replication, since I am working on a synchronization project.

I mean when a record contains 2 fields, field 1 changed in MS SQL and field 2 changed in PostgreSQL, then synchronize the changes to both side. This is the prefect scenario.

2nd choice is: When a record changed in both side, I chose MS SQL overwrite PostgreSQL's data, for a record. For records that changed in either side just copy the changes to another end.

And I need a tools to do that for me, such that I don't need to write a program.

Thank you.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I also need replication from MSSQL 2008 to PostgreSQL (currently running 8.2, but I can upgrade to 8.3 or 8.4 if necessary).

Any suggestions are most welcome.