Unanswered: Paradox 11 display of graphic images problem

I'm attempting to display .jpg images in a bitmap object on a form and getting inconsistent results. Initially the image will appear on the form cleanly however the next day it will be distorted due to the magnification setting performing whatever behind the scene adjustment it does when displaying the image. The problem is further complicated by the fact that not all the images seem to be affected at any one time. The magnification setting remains constant as "best fit". When I get a distorted image and temporarily alter the magnification setting to 100% the distortion is eliminated, but the size of the picture makes it unusable for display (if the image is the original scanned size (1325x925) it will be way to big to be seen easily, if the image has been resized to either e-mail (640x446) or web/blog (320x223) it becomes way too small to see details. I don't seem to be able to determine the pixel size of the form object receiving the picture or I would resize the files to those dimensions. Can anyone tell me why the display varies from one time to the next? How do I set the size of the target object? or What kind of work around might exist to cope with this problem?

actually, you're trying to do something that paradox isn't very good at doing.. common wisdom suggests a completely different approach, unless you're using a simple bmp file, for exactly the reason you're seeing.. most developers use a completely independent, external file viewer.. for more detailed help and support, you should go to the paradox community website at Home - Paradox Community
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

I will check into that. I gather that this involves generating an OLE request to something like Paint Shop or L-View. That technique is mentioned in the manuals that came with my software, but they don't contain enough information to actually let me get the hang of doing it successfully. (I'm a self-taught Paradox programmer) At any rate, my objective is to display the image below the database info that provides the details about the image. Jumping into a 3rd party viewer doesn't quite achieve that objective. But if that is the best that anyone can think of I'll at least give it a try.
    Based on the fact that the display results are inconsistent between one image and the next, I would think that there is some minor aspect with the ObjectPal code or the attributes of the display field which I am overlooking.
    Last edited by Klepsis; 02-02-10 at 10:05. Reason: improve clairity

as I said, go to the community forum and ask over there.. many people who can help.. I doubt that any of the suggestions will resemble the paradox help suggestions in any way.. that stuff was mostly written in the mid-90s, in a galaxy far, far away..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too