We have a full-time position (NY City) currently available for a Business Analyst whose experience over the last 3+ years includes a heavy lean into large-scale consumer-facing web sites, sites a consumer would visit such as amazon.com, ebay.com, nytimes.com – any major .com site intended/designed for consumers.
Given the “web lean,” strong knowedge/experience with web application components is necessary so the more “web heavy” your experience/background is, the better.
Lots of testing. This role is responsible for testing and managing testing for the various web sites/on-going web site projects. For example, it could be doing 80% testing at any one time and perhaps as much as 60% of the work at any one time will be testing the client’s various consumer-facing web sites when new features are added, when a site is upgraded. So you need experience with unit systems testing, UAT and regression testing – note: the hiring manager will also be looking at a person’s analytical/reasoning aptitude/experience.
We have a decade of experience with this client and can talk in some depth about the culture, company, etc. The compensation is competitive, the client has always been equitable. The benefits package is especially attractive. This positions offers a friendly and cooperative working environment (one of the best we’ve seen over the past 40+ years), management who actually do care for their staff/team, and a place where you can realize a career path as a valuable contributor.
Substantial contact with the business units, external partners, external vendors, and the internal IT staff. This position will focus heavily on new business development, partnering with business users to create complex documentation and analysis, gather requirements, write functional specs, develop use cases, create test scripts, create workflow diagrams, train users in complex topics, and operational procedures. Effective communication skills are a must.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working as a BA on consumer-facing websites, including a solid understanding of web application components
• Experience in analysis, gathering requirements, writing functional specs, developing use cases, modifying test scripts, creating workflow diagrams, training users in complex topics and operational procedures (must provide samples of original work products)
• Experience with testing including unit, system, regression and UAT. Ability to customize tests based on new requirements/functionality
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience making presentations to internal audiences and interact positively with senior level management
• Excellent customer focus
• The ability to think/reason analytically, multi-task, problem solve and detail oriented
• Working knowledge (experience preferred) with project management and application development methodologies
• Proficiency with MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Visio
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed to support business needs
• BS in CS, EE or equivalent experience required