Unanswered: What is the best control to display text?

On my form, a text box receives input. This is a memory application where, after a correct line is typed, the procedure adds it to a table. I have tried using a combo box to display the accumulated text, and the record source is the table of typed text. The puzzle is, how to have the stored text stay visible and scrollable; the combo box down arrow must be clicked to see the list. I don't want to require a mouse click. The code "Me.cboName.DropDown" seems to show the combo list for a split second.
    Jerry

By memory do you mean a record history?

If you need to see the accumulated list of entries at the same time as you input the data you could display the table values in a control next to your input text box. The control could be a ListBox or SubForm bound to your table. It would need be requeried after your input text box and/or record are updated (using the "After Update" event).

How you manage this depends on the scenario. What are you trying to record here?

The application receives typed input of text from, let's say, famous documents. This is a tool to practice memorization, with hints provided. The keypress event of the text box restricts the user from entering incorrect letters, while punctuation and spaces are filled in by the code. After each set of text of approximately 90 characters wide is completed, the text is added the the results table and the text box cleared for the next input.
    From your response, I see that a combo box is not the right control to display the results; it is not a control that can remain expanded. As you suggested, I will use a list box, bound to the results table and updated with requery after a line of text has been added to the table. Thanks.
    Jerry
    RESOLVED