Unanswered: Security issue with creating/running/editing task

"DB2 v8.1.16.429" and FixPak "16"

Hi all,

I'm a MSSQL DBA now with the responsibility of caring for this 8.1 DB2 install and have a problem with Task Center.

To give some background on this situation, the original problem was that I was unable to schedule a backup task for our ESB database. The error message for that issue was "DBA1177N A database connection to the Tools Catalog Database "TOOLSDB" cannot be made."

I could see that the TOOLSDB did exist but I guess there was an issue with accessing it. I created another TOOLSDB called TOOLSDB2. At that point I was able to get through the Backup Database wizard with out error while scheduling a task until the very end.

This is the issue I am dealing with right now. After the wizard closes and the gears grind for a moment I get the following ambiguous message twice: "SQL22204N The DB2 Administration Server encountered a non-severe error while executing a request."

I go into the Task Center and refresh and the new task shows up but I can't manually run it whether I use my ID or the db2admin login. When ever I try to edit the schedule for the task or try to run it I get the following message:

"SQL22204N The DB2 Administration Server encountered a non-severe
    error while executing a request.

A non-severe error occurred in the DB2 Administration Server
    while it was processing a request.

User Response:

Refer to the DB2 Administration Server's First Failure Data
    Capture Log for additional information.

If trace was active, invoke the Independent Trace Facility at
    the operating system command prompt. Contact IBM Support with
    the following required information:

o Problem description

o SQLCODE or message number

o SQLCA contents if possible

o Trace file if possible

Your help and/or advice is very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    One possibility is that DAS is still trying to connect to the old TOOLSDB. You can check that by running this in the DB2 command window: "db2 get admin config". There's probably a way to check that in Control Center as well, but I never use that tool so I cannot tell.

If configuration refers to the old database, run this in the DB2 command window on the server: "db2 update admin config using toolscat_db toolsdb2", then restart DAS.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Hi Nick,

The output said the following
    Tools Catalog Database (TOOLSCAT_DB) = TOOLSDB2
    Tools Catalog Database Instance (TOOLSCAT_INST) = DB2
    Tools Catalog Database Schema (TOOLSCAT_SCHEMA) = TOOLSDB2
    Scheduler User ID =

But you mentioned restarting the DAS which I had never done since I created the new TOOLSDB and it worked! No more errors!

Thank you for your help!