Unanswered: "'wntea04$' is not a valid name" Error when linking table to Excel File

I use access to link to different excel files a program I use generates. I have 2 ways to get these files, generate them myself, or have the system E-mail them to me once a day. Heres the strange part...

When I have the system E-mail them to me (in the same exact format), I can save them to my Hard Drive, and my database works.

When I Generate them (creates the exact same file as the one it E-mails me), I over write the original file, and I get the error in the title). If I relink it works perfect.

What is wrong? its hard for me to wait on the E-mail, when I can generate it on the fly. No other program is using it. I cant understand why I get this Error.

Madison, WI
    If you re-save over an excel file you already have linked into the mdb (regardless where it's located/saved to), you'll have to refresh or relink the table into the mdb. Typically MSAccess doesn't relink/refresh automatically when saving over an excel type file (although on some networks and with 2007, I have seen this happen.) I think someone once posted a way you could automatically refresh or relink the linked table in vba code.

You could use one of import Excel file routines examples in the code bank.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 02-11-10 at 14:20.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)