Unanswered: MS 2003: Need to print the date range in the report header

Hi,
    I have built a query with this logic:

SELECT Class.Class_Code AS Class, Count(User_Class.User_Id) AS [Num of Trainees]
    FROM Class INNER JOIN User_Class ON Class.ClassId = User_Class.Class_Id
    WHERE (((User_Class.Class_Date) Between [ENTER START DATE RANGE] And [ENTER END DATE RANGE]))
    GROUP BY Class.Class_Code;

I built a report to pull the output of that query. It is working fine. But I can't get to print the START DATE RANGE and END DATE RANGE in the report header. Please help.

Thanks
    Mo

You can't access what you've entered for those parameters easily. Personally, I dislike the way Access lets you blur the lines between the GUI and data access in this way. It is possible but I prefer another means.

I assume you run this report from a form. I recommend (and this will roughly be how almost everyone here does this) that you have two text boxes - one for the start date and one for the end date.
    Your query becomes:
    Code:
    SELECT Class.Class_Code AS Class, Count(User_Class.User_Id) AS [Num of Trainees]
      WHERE User_Class.Class_Date Between Forms!MyForm!StartDateTextbox And Forms!MyForm!EndDateTextbox
      GROUP BY Class.Class_Code
    I would go further too and have your query as:
    Code:
    SELECT Class.Class_Code AS Class, Count(User_Class.User_Id) AS [Num of Trainees], Forms!MyForm!StartDateTextbox AS start_date, Forms!MyForm!EndDateTextbox AS end_date
     WHERE User_Class.Class_Date Between Forms!MyForm!StartDateTextbox And Forms!MyForm!EndDateTextbox
    and show those new columns on your report.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I am actually running the query from the report. I changed the query logic as such:
    WHERE (((User_Class.Class_Date) Between [reports]![Class_Stats_By_Date_Range]![txtStartDate] And [reports]![Class_Stats_By_Date_Range]![txtEndDate]))
    GROUP BY Class.Class_Code;

The query runs fine but the prompt does not pop up when I run the report. The report opens but without data.
    Mo

It is where you run the report from that is important. Do you click a button on a form to run it or just run the report from the database window?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Code:
    PARAMETERS [Enter a start date] DateTime, [Enter an end date] DateTime;
    SELECT Class.Class_Code AS Class, Count(User_Class.User_Id) AS [Num of Trainees], [Enter a start date] AS start_date, [Enter an end date] AS end_date
      WHERE User_Class.Class_Date Between [Enter a start date] And [Enter an end date]
    If you want to keep your set up as it is, use the above and set the control source of your header textboxes to the two new columns.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Provided Answers: 6
    I prefer using forms myself, but for the record this would work as the control source of a textbox on the report:

="Between " & [ENTER START DATE RANGE] & " And " & [ENTER END DATE RANGE]

Be aware that the bracketed text must exactly match that used in the query or you'll get prompted again.
    Paul