is there an incoming link warning code

Can I give a visitor to my site from another specific site a warning message?

Reason: I know of a couple of web designers trying to take credit for sites I created. I want a warning to appear when someone follows a link from a certain website to a certain site of mine. (I know about putting a by-line on the page)

In other words I need a "warning" to appear when someone is following a link from www.examplesite.com coming to the site I created. No one else would see it.

Yes, there are ways to provide contante based on the "referrer" web page. Just about every page design/programming language handles this differently.

I would suggest that you visit our "sister site" for these issues at http://www.hotscripts.com/forums/

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks Pat

I have been there but I can not drill down to what I am looking for. I am guessing it is a JavaScript onload / if:referrer kind of thing.

I'd still suggest that you visit the HotScripts forums and see if they can help you. You'll have to identify your environment (Perl, PHP, ASP, Cold Fusion, etc) and describe what you want to accomplish. I'm pretty sure that someone there will be able to help you iron out the details of how to actually make it happen.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.