Thread: Input Of Text

Unanswered: Input Of Text

Hello Everyone..

To me this does not seem odd or hard...but Maybe it is...

I have a Access Form that runs some reports. There is a VB Button I have codded that when pressed it asks for an email addresss and the Database will then send the selected report to that email address automaticlly.

What I need is for a Text Input box to pop up, but one for like a memo, where a user can type in multiple lines of text, then click OK and have this text be sent to the email as the body of the email.

I can not find a way to have a text box come up that allows for multiple lines of text to be typed. It would also be preferable that when typing in this box, if the user hits the ENTER key, that responds as a carriage return or NEW LINE in the text box. So basically, storing a MEMO.

I don't know if there's an easier way, but the way I would approach it is to create a form with a textbox and a couple buttons (ok and cancel), and then program the behavior I want. Have a look at the form's modal property, or possibly the popup property, can't remember which off the top of my head. But the idea is that you create a form object to look like a standard message window (since a form is just a class object afterall).
    Me.Geek = True

Madison, WI
    Does this example ( help?

This: also works nicely for reporting (but is not emailed related.)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 02-13-10 at 20:47.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)