Unanswered: unable to start db2

Hi,

I'm connectig to a machine with the user root, i navigate the file /opt/IBM/db2 and when i type the db2start command i got this error

SQL1092N root does not have the authority to perform the requested command

can anyone help to get start with db2??

thank you for your help

Provided Answers: 11
    never start db2 from root/system
    this should be started by instance
    su - db2inst1 or other instance and execute db2start for this instance
    do db2ilist to find the instances
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Ok thank you

i have an other question, i would like to connect to db2 using the interface and i type db2cc but i git this error
    sh :/opt/IBMJava2-142/jre/bin/java: No such file or directory DB2JAVIT : RC = 127

i tried also to start teh database using db2start and it doesn't work
    SQL6048N A communication error occured during START or STOP DATABASE MANAGER procesisng.
    SQL1032N No start database maanger command was issued. SQLSTATE= 57019

thank you for your help

regards,

Sometimes memory on the box which you are working migh not be enough to open the control centre [db2cc]. Try to install a DB2 windows client on the box and open control centre from there. start - programs -IBM DB2 - General Administration tools - Control Centre.

which version of db2 are you under ? If you are running on V9.5, Please make sure the instance whic you are starting is present under /opt/IBM/db2/V9.5/instance/db2ilist

Please let me know whether or not you are using the instance user id to start the instance.

And also make sure to cat this file INSTANCE_PATH/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg and see if the host name is present in it.

Quote Originally Posted by nezha_bo View Post
    Ok thank you

i have an other question, i would like to connect to db2 using the interface and i type db2cc but i git this error
    sh :/opt/IBMJava2-142/jre/bin/java: No such file or directory DB2JAVIT : RC = 127

i tried also to start teh database using db2start and it doesn't work
    SQL6048N A communication error occured during START or STOP DATABASE MANAGER procesisng.
    SQL1032N No start database maanger command was issued. SQLSTATE= 57019

thank you for your help

regards,
    The DB2 GUI tools do not work well under Linux (and are often not installed correctly). Run them under Windows or use command line.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390