Unanswered: Actuate 9 textualquery error.

Actuate 9 query is getting described in query editor and works fine in toad , but when I compile and build report it errors out with following messages.

C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 775): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 776): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],
    [floating constant], [hexa constant], ID, [A-Z], [date constant],
    [integer constant], Null, [octal constant], [string constant], ::, BNot,
    ID@, ID#, ID%, ID&, ID!, ID$, New, Not, Nothing, Width

C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 812): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 813): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],

C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 849): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 850): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],

C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 886): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 887): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],

Check for "invisible" characters in your SQL. Copy & paste it from the Textual Query Editor into a Hex Editor and see if there's anything weird at the end of each line. I can't remember what version it was, but we seeing problems like this about 3-4 years ago in Actuate.
    --=cf

Thanks Chuck,

I'll check itout in Hex editor.

Thanks and Regards,
    -Ram Jois

Hi Chuck,

It was a bug in Actuate 9 and this is the feed back I got from Actuate on this issue.

Thanks for this update: I will close Case 312646 as the original problem is now resolved. ERD pro Textual Query Editor was enhanced in 9 SP2 and above to support tab characters, so the workaround we used in this case is not actually necessary if you upgrade to a later service pack.

Thanks and Regards,
    -Ramprasad Jois