Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6

    Unanswered: Actuate 9 textualquery error.

    Actuate 9 query is getting described in query editor and works fine in toad , but when I compile and build report it errors out with following messages.



    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 775): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 776): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],
    [floating constant], [hexa constant], ID, [A-Z], [date constant],
    [integer constant], Null, [octal constant], [string constant], ::, BNot,
    ID@, ID#, ID%, ID&, ID!, ID$, New, Not, Nothing, Width

    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 812): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 813): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],
    [floating constant], [hexa constant], ID, [A-Z], [date constant],
    [integer constant], Null, [octal constant], [string constant], ::, BNot,
    ID@, ID#, ID%, ID&, ID!, ID$, New, Not, Nothing, Width

    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 849): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 850): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],
    [floating constant], [hexa constant], ID, [A-Z], [date constant],
    [integer constant], Null, [octal constant], [string constant], ::, BNot,
    ID@, ID#, ID%, ID&, ID!, ID$, New, Not, Nothing, Width

    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 886): Control character in string constant
    C:\Documents and Settings\rjois\Desktop\Actuate9ErdPro\RODs and Libraries\nps_project_resource_summary_new3.bas(13 887): Actual: [new line] Expecting: '(', '+', '-', [currency constant],
    [floating constant], [hexa constant], ID, [A-Z], [date constant],
    [integer constant], Null, [octal constant], [string constant], ::, BNot,
    ID@, ID#, ID%, ID&, ID!, ID$, New, Not, Nothing, Width

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,074
    Check for "invisible" characters in your SQL. Copy & paste it from the Textual Query Editor into a Hex Editor and see if there's anything weird at the end of each line. I can't remember what version it was, but we seeing problems like this about 3-4 years ago in Actuate.
    --=cf

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Chuck,

    I'll check itout in Hex editor.

    Thanks and Regards,
    -Ram Jois

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Hi Chuck,

    It was a bug in Actuate 9 and this is the feed back I got from Actuate on this issue.

    Thanks for this update: I will close Case 312646 as the original problem is now resolved. ERD pro Textual Query Editor was enhanced in 9 SP2 and above to support tab characters, so the workaround we used in this case is not actually necessary if you upgrade to a later service pack.

    Thanks and Regards,
    -Ramprasad Jois

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •