Red face Unanswered: Report Slowly opening

Microsoft Access 2007 - Windows Vista Business

I have a report that opens based on a query to show the fields from one record.
    There are around 100fields in the report and query. This query is based a main table which is referanced to numerous others.

I use only one query criteria which is to [enter csq] this is the primary key field of the main table. The query opens almost instantly.

I have then created a report based on this query which then takes about 10 seconds before asking me for the query criteria and then takes another 10 seconds to open the report.

At present there are only 5 records of data being used as test data.

Would anyine have an idea as to why it takes so long ro open the report.

Regards,

Nick.

Do you have a local printer defined? It does not need to be present or attached, but the driver needs to be installed.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

I have a network printer defined and the microsoft document writer installed.

I have found that if I query one of the other fields in the query the report will load up almost instantly. It is only when I query the primary key that it becomes slow.

When is the last time you did a Compact and Repair?
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro

Do you have the latest Office 2007 Service Packs and HotFixes applied? Is Vista fully patched?

I have tried a compact through the access options when I do this it seems to make the report even slower.

I have all the automatic updates and an up to date office patches.

There is a HotFix for Access 2007: Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Access.msp): December 16, 2008
    You could also be dealing with a Vista issue and I know nothing about Vista.

Would this hotfix not been a part of Office SP1 or SP2 as I have already updated these. I will download it and see if it makes a difference. I also have a PC running XP with access 2003 so I will convert the database to see if this makes a difference.

Access 2003 seems to have the same problem. Surely if the query was operating instantly the report should not take much longer.

As I started out, try installing a Text printer and see what happens. It does not need to be the default printer or the printer for that report, just installed. Worth a try.

I've done that, just installed a hp driver local and made it the default setting. This does not seem to make a difference.

Well that's it for my bag of tricks, *Sorry*!

Does the report just basically display the data or do you do a lot of formatting/calculations within the report itself? If you use a lot of Domain functions that can slow it down. Just a shot in the dark.

C