Question Unanswered: Speeding up access database

Hello All,

I am using access 2003 to house several tables and forms. I have quite a few records in each table that are displayed through forms.

What is the best way to speed up an access database so that my searches are more fast along with other various database tasks.

I use the compact and repair feature, however this does not seem to do the trick.

I would say I am a intermediate user so if there is something else I need to do, I would probably need some what of an explanation in detail.

I appreciate all your help.

Cheers.

Are you using FE/BE solution?

Simon

Hello,

If you are referring to front end and back end, I am not too familiar with that. I'm sure if I had some instruction on what that does and how to go about creating the FE/BE solution I can go forward with that. Are you able to give me some information about that? Thank you.

Basically, only your data is on the Be and each Client has a front end containing the application - Forms, Queries, Reports and modules and Table are linked to the Front End.

Basically, the only call to the BE is for data and providing a table is left open, this persistancy improves the performance.

Another performance gain is qualifying the data. If you are looking at large files don't read in all the records filter them first.

Simon

Ok, so I assume I would use the database splitter to perform this action?

Also, I agree on the filter part. Right now when I open a form to display data, it displays all records. What is the best way to display just a blank record opposed to showing them all?

Thanks for your help.

Have a look here I use Dialog boxes almost everywhere:

Gallery Solutions Clients

Simon