Unanswered: Dynamically print watermark

I need to print a water mark "Store Copy" on a report and on second duplicated report print "Vendor Copy". I can do this via the printer but have to generate the report twice and set each report to proper water mark would like to have access report do this automatically. Can I have access automatically do this?
    "Discovery consist in seeing what everyone sees and thinking what nobody has thought"

Provided Answers: 59
    so examine the printer object and see if you can set a watermark as part of the report generation., I think you will still have to run the report twice, but you could do that as a parameter set via the reports on load event (probably)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I believed I understand what you are stating but unsure how to accomplish this. My wish was to make it easy for our personnel to do their job. Thank you for your response.
    Last edited by WD Tice; 02-23-10 at 11:06.
    "Discovery consist in seeing what everyone sees and thinking what nobody has thought"

What steps do you take to get the watermark to print? Do you edit the Page Setup? Do you go into the Printer Properties and add the watermark?

One possibility is to add the "watermark" to the report itself. First, you would have to create the watermark in MS Paint or something that will create a picture file. Then you can use the Picture property of the Report to add the watermark and Stretch it to fit on the report.

But, I am not sure how to programmatically switch the picture. So you might have to save two copies of the report. One with a Store Copy picture and one with a Vendor Copy.

Currently they have to set the watermark with printer properties. I like the idea of putting pic in report itself and creating a second button that is a duplicate of the first but with different image/pic; then name each for the image in report. This will make it easier our personnel to print. Thanks for the heads up I will work on that tomorrow.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by WD Tice View Post
    Currently they have to set the watermark with printer properties. I like the idea of putting pic in report itself and creating a second button that is a duplicate of the first but with different image/pic; then name each for the image in report. This will make it easier our personnel to print. Thanks for the heads up I will work on that tomorrow.
    OK
    so when you print your report insert the watermark into the printer object. if it can be done manually it can almost certainly be done via VBA. the potentail problem is that not all prointers support watermarks so you need to check that or insert appropriate error handling

Google
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton