Unanswered: Can't change logging parameters via Control Center

I'm not sure which version of DB2 I'm running, possibly 8, but I do know it's running on a Linux host. I'm trying to run an UPDATE on a table with just over a million rows, and every time I run the command I get an error about running out of transaction log space.

However, I've tried updating the various parameters (number of primary/secondary log files and the file size) via the Control Center, but these changes never seem to take. If I watch the files on disk, there are always the same number of them and they're always the same size. They do get updated when I run the UPDATE command, so I know that logging is actually happening, but I can't seem to actually get the requested changes to stick.

Every time I revisit the logging options in Control Center the parameters are back to their defaults (13 primary files / 4 secondary files / 1024 records).

When I hit 'finish' in the logging wizard window I get a DB2 Message window pop up, and it says the command attempted is:
    UPDATE DB CFG FOR SINGEEX USING logarchmeth1 OFF logarchmeth2 OFF logprimary 20 logsecond 20 logfilsiz 2048;
    ...and the resulting message is:
    The command completed successfully.

Explanation:

No errors were encountered during the execution of this
    command.

User Response:

No action required.
    ...which leads me to believe that it's actually being updated somewhere, but I just don't know where!

Any ideas?

For some changes, the database must be deactivated for the changes to take effect. that means that there are no connections to the database. In some cases, you may have to take a backup immediately after making the change (if you were to turn ON logarchmeth1).

Real DBA's don't use control center to make db cfg changes, they use the command line. If you want to know which ones are pending (not take effect until database deactivation) then connect to the database and do the following:

db2 get db cfg for sample show detail
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    For some changes, the database must be deactivated for the changes to take effect. that means that there are no connections to the database.
    Oooooooh, that makes sense then.

Real DBA's don't use control center to make db cfg changes, they use the command line.
    I never claimed to be a real DBA.

If you want to know which ones are pending (not take effect until database deactivation) then connect to the database and do the following:

db2 get db cfg for sample show detail
    Thanks, that shows that the changes I requested are pending. I've restarted the database and they've stuck. Thanks!

What is control center?