Unanswered: Email details from Form via Thunderbird

Hi

I have setup a table with various fields.

On a form, the user can input information. I then want the user to be able to push a button. This takes the information from the form and composes an email in plain text, using information from the fields the user has just filled in.

The email to address, will be the same each time, so this can be hardcoded in.

Any advice or help appreciated.

explore the SendObject method....it will provide what you need....

NTC - thanks for your help

I've looked at SendObject, but how can I insert data from the fields into the body of the email, rather than as an attachment?

many thanks

SendObject(ObjectType, ObjectName, OutputFormat, To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, MessageText, EditMessage, TemplateFile)

above is the syntax - there is a place for the message text

many thanks NTC

Hi NTC,

I have been after this solution for months and still no luck. Basically, I am not that advanced with writing codes, however, I do have basic knowledge of how some of these codes work, therefore, I would be most grateful if you could please (if possible) guide me through step by step on how to write this code so that Access creates a popup based on particular dates (for example of an item is not returned within 3 days, reminder should be sent, if it is older than 40 days, reminder two and so on).

I also want the code to pickpu certain information from a query and input this as an attachment or in the body of an email as long as it is written clearly in a good format such as :

Date: Job No Amount DateOfJOb Total

In other words these should be like standard reminder letters sent at different intervals.

I would sincerely be most grateful for any help from you or other members please.
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help