Unanswered: Combo list from query/table

I know this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it or a suitable answer.

I have a basic table with noteID (primary key), fileNum (long int), date (date/time), fkUserName (long int), loadSuccess (yes/no) and notes (memo) as the fields. I have a second table with unID (username ID, pri key) and userName (text).

The idea is to create a form whereby the user enters the fileNum, date, checkbox for loadSuccess, and any applicable comments in the notes field. The fkUserName field is to contain the unID for the username table. I want the usernames to appear in a combo list but either the list is empty or I get an error message.

This form is for data entry, not to create a query (I had more success with that in a previous project years ago).

How do I get the combo box to show the list of usernames yet insert the unID into the fkUserName field?

tks

in the basic table set the fkUserName field to be a LookUp; and the wizard will walk you thru pointing it at the other table. You can set it so the unID is the bound value but the userName is what is displayed...actually that is what the default mode you walk thru will want to do. This is often a point of confusion for novices as it is one of the situations where what is displayed differs than what is stored in the table - and somewhat of a no no for db purists....but it your case will work fine.

Hah!!

Worked perfectly first time! Many thanks!
    Jules