Unanswered: How do I get my access file to read digital certificates from a secure network?

Any pointers to even help me down this path of query would be greatly appreciated.

I have built an access file with all sorts of forms and reports, and it has lots of information that is shared on a secure network. People log onto this network with ID cards, and PINS that are specific ONLY to them. Everything is working well so far.

But what I would like to now try to accomplish is for any of those individuals to be able to send something, I guess some kind of template, and email through outlook, into the file that I have built. And then have my file digitally understand who that person is, by the digital certificate that is enabled on whatever computer they are on, and my file then logs that individual as having completed something that they were requested to do, just a simple "Yes, John Doe has read the memo".

I understand that access can do this, I just don't know how. If you can help me, that would be great.

Access stores data. Access also is a visual development environment. You will need to code instructions to get the data and store it in tables. It's not clear really what task you seek aid on. Storing digital cert data? depends on where that data resides. Has read memo? depends on how you are tracking that it was opened by user.