Unanswered: Working on restoring prod data in dev environment

.....and it's not going as smoothly as I expected it.

I can't use db2move because I don't have any sense of time, and would hate to copy the WHOLE db nightly, so I'm using restore/rollforward.

I have a backup strategy of a full online backup on Sunday, and incremental deltas Monday-Saturday, which also include the 'include logs' option. After the backups finish nightly, I transfer them over to the dev system and perform:

(Sunday)
    db2 -v "restore db $dbname from /db2i1_home/backup taken at $takenDate newlogpath /db2i1_home/backup/backup_log logtarget /db2i1_home/backup/backup_log replace history file "

(Monday-Saturday)
    db2 -v "restore db $dbname incremental from /db2i1_home/backup taken at $takenDate newlogpath /db2i1_home/backup/backup_log logtarget /db2i1_home/backup/backup_log replace history file "

Then I rollforward using the logs that (supposedly) are included in the backup image:

db2 -v "rollforward db $dbname to end of backup and complete overflow log path (/db2i1_home/backup/backup_log) noretrieve"

My issue is that sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm not changing anything. At times, I receive the error telling me it's looking for the next logfile (which supposedly the noretrieve takes care of).

I guess my question is, am I going about this the right way? Is there another alternative that I'm not thinking about?

Thanks.

I believe that logtarget path needs to be empty each time you do a restore.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    I believe that logtarget path needs to be empty each time you do a restore.
    Yes, and do not forget your "regular" log-path. This should be empty. Overflow log path only works if the regular log path cannot be used.