Unanswered: Resetting MySQL Password - Newbie w/a problem

I've been working at this for days and cannot find a resolution. Perhaps some fresh eyes can help me resolve this problem.

I'm trying to configure MySQL Server 5.1 on a machine that had previously run MySQL Server 5.0. 5.0 was removed from the system, but, of course, the old password remains. I've been trying (vainly) reset the Root password using the guidence of the MySQL Reference Manal, creating a text file containing the code SET PASSWORD FOR ‘root’@'localhost’ = PASSWORD(‘MyNewPassword’);, saved at C:\Program Files\MySQL.

Next, I open the command window and enter "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld-nt.exe" -defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\ MySQL Server 5.1\my.ini" --init-file=C:\Program Files\MySQL\mysql-ini.txt. However, I'm prompted with the following error:'"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld-nt.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I don't often use the command window, so perhaps its a syntax error? All I know is that I'm at my wits end. Any advice on how to resolve is greatly appreciated!

Same deal

I had an issue with this as well when we changed versions. I will check on the resolution on Monday when I return to work for you

Fred C
    Senior Designer
    Car Shipping | Get Free Instant Car Transportation Quotes | Free Car Transport & Car Delivery Prices | National Car Shipping Cost Quotes | CarTransportQuotes.com