Unanswered: Use of the Hyperlink Base property? Relative paths?

I'm really not a good programmer, I use some SQL and VBA in my database, but I've mostly been using Macros to do the job for me. In order to be able to move my database file from network to my local drive for development without having to go through all the paths in the macros I want to use relative paths instead of full paths. Is that at all possible in Access 2003?

Should I convert the Macros to VBA instead - would that help?

I thought that setting the Hyperlink Base property would help, but I can't get it to work. What is it really used for??

presuming you are all on the same LAN; then when you create a hyperlink path just be sure that you start at the top of the root of the server where the target is saved..... and that should be the normal way you do it. But in some environments people have set up a variety of short cut mapping so that one can go directly into a folder buried in that server and so they start the hyperlink from that point - - - and that link will only work from their PC.

it is really easy to check - just set up 1 or 2 and then try linking to that document from a couple different PCs.

You create a table with the path for each user and separate the document name and extensive abd then concatenate the two so to get the full file name.

Simon